Friday, December 16, 2011

mri results

The most important news of the day: JASE GIVES KISSES!! HE GIVES OUT THE BEST KISSES!! ooh I love them! now for more updates:



Today bright and early we had our 2nd MRI. I was so nervous/anxious to get some good information on whats going on in that head of his. I really thought there was no way we will not get the answers to these questions Ive had over the past 9 months. Jase was a champ and after fasting for over 12 hours, the biggest fit he threw was a couple moans and groans. He is the biggest trooper EVER!

I went in and had a nurse who sensed my frustration with this the whole thing and gave me some pointers on how to get some answers today. She was such a wonderful nurse, and I will never forget how she helped us. With my "head growth chart" in hand, I told EVERYONE we worked with how nervous I am, and I would be so grateful if the radiologist could come out and just say "yes more fluid, or no, no change." I didn't want to leave the hospital without that information. Every single person did what they could to help us.

As we were in the recovery room getting ready to be discharged, the radiologist came over and spoke with us! I was so excited!!! and I was ready to throw up I was so nervous. He started off saying that there was no tumor. Good, great. Then saying that the ventricles are enlarged. The left more so than the right. And there is hydrocephalus, but it is the same as the last CT and MRIs. My heart sunk. How could that be If his head is growing so much, so fast? He went on to say that there is something that is new, and it is very concerning because it was not on the 1st MRI. His brain is now being pushed down through the base of the skull into the spinal canal. It affects the lower extremities and mobility. It is called Chiari Malformation. It could be from pressure, but we are not sure. We would need to be referred to a Neurosurgeon to have them asses if there is any permanent damage to the spine and more than likely they will operate to fix the problem. My amazing pediatrician spoke with the neurosurgeon and they agree we need to get on this sooner rather than later. So Monday we will have a scheduled appt. to go and meet with the neurosurgeon to see the next step.

Jase is still the happy best little guy ever. He has a hard time keeping his head upright for more than a few minutes, its just so heavy. So he mostly plays laying down.

After all that happened today I still have more questions than answers, but I do feel peace knowing that we are headed in the right direction and we have Dr.s on our side that will help us get Jase healthy. I just hope that the neurosurgeons dont drop more bombs on us. We are thinking positive!!

Thank you everyone who is praying for Jase, and our family. We feel your prayers. Please keep praying for Jase. Thank you everyone.

2 comments:

Kiley . Amy . Ava said...

Thanks sissy for the updates. Ava loved playing patty cake with him last night. love you.

Nick and Dani said...

We'll keep watching for updates! We're thinking of you guys and little Jace. Love you!