Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Its that time of year again when all the Christmas programs are in full swing. The kids have been working really hard on the "Big Shows." Kaylee's dance studio put on the "Nutcracker." So push play and treat yourself to a cute Elephant dance below :)


Isn't she the cutest Elephant you have ever seen?

Next up we have Jaxon. Jaxons preschool put on a cute little program with the best Christmas songs I have heard all year. Sorry for the rotten quality, I wasn't sitting as close as I would have liked.....


Jordan (9 mo) enjoing the show

Jaxon knows this song best so that's why I put this one up instead of a Christmas song. He loves his school and teacher so much. Jaxon is reading now and is passing off 1 book a week! It is so fun to watch him learn and succeed. I found myself talking to Jeff about what we are going to do with Jaxon next year. He will be turning 5 in June, so technically he should be going to Kindergarten.

2 years ago I had a goal. My final "we've made it" goal would be to mainstream Jaxon to Kindergarten. I often thought to myself on the way to Dr's appointments and on the way home from therapy that if I could just get Jaxon into Kindergarten then WE would have won the battle and the "A" word would be nothing more than a distant memory. Sometimes it seemed like such a far fetched reality that I would have to remember not to set myself up for disappointments. Thankfully we had more hopeful moments then discouraging moments.

So fast forward to today. I find myself in a whole new debate. Jaxon is now reading and is indistinguishable from his peers. He is ahead of 95% of the kids his age. When he goes to kindergarten they will be learning the things he has already learned. The question now is not "If I can just get him to Kindergarten..." it is "WHEN DO WE START?" I feel like the luckiest mom in the world. I have 3 happy and healthy children. This is what life is all about.

2 comments:

Krystal said...

Congratulations on all of your wonderful progress with Jaxon. My son (2 1/2) was diagnosed with a speech delay and has been in speech therapy for most of this year. It's been a rough ride, but now he is FINALLY showing some real signs of improvement. But, like you, I can remember those moments of despair when I thought "Is he EVER going to talk?" :)

I think that sometimes, as parents, we get caught up in the diagnosis and doctor's appointments and delays and setbacks that we forget about the tremendous gift that God has put inside each one of us to overcome the obstacles of life. I'm so happy that Jaxon is having such great success!

And, yes, Kaylee IS the cutest elephant I've ever seen!


Krystal (Option Addict)

Michele said...

Amber...
I'm thrilled you found me (blog). It was fun to see a comment from you.

I love your video posts about your kids. It's fun to see them. Kaylee is a sweetheart...cute little elephant.

I'm amazed at the progress Jaxon has made, he's a smart little guy and he's got you and Jeff....wonderful parents that can give him the love and attention he has needed. You've done a lot of hard work and found what's best for him. He's doing so well!! Keep doing what your doing.

Michele